Work With Us
Research Fellowship, Remote
Jones Mandel, a Democratic political research firm, is seeking to hire several research Fellowship positions. Our Fellows will gain valuable experience working for state and federal political campaigns, issue-based groups and some corporations. Our clients range from candidates for federal office like U.S. Senate to statewide offices such as Governor as well as issue groups and some companies.
Our Fellows receive consistent and ongoing research training, work in small teams, have an assigned mentor and are given significant assignments. The day-to-day life covers various assignments such as: analyze news articles, review social media, analyze public records and research legislative and campaign finance histories to help inform our clients strategy. Our Fellows also produce vetting memos. All Fellows receive training on public record research strategies and learn how to write concise memos including executive summaries for our clients.
We’re looking for applicants who have the following qualities:
- An interest in American politics and campaigns, especially Democratic candidates
- Enjoys rigorous study and work to dive deep and make connections with information
- Strong written communication skills
- Follows directions well and pays close attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively
- Openness to working both independently and collaboratively with a small team
- Willing to commit to a 4-6 month process to see if this industry is a good fit for you
Jones Mandel encourages applicants with various levels of prior experience to apply. This could mean someone with a well-suited background who is looking for a career change or someone right out of college looking for a great first place to work post-college.
Jones Mandel has had the pleasure of working with diverse clients across the country and is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive environment. Candidates who identify as members of historically underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply.
- Fellows will work a full-time schedule of 40 hours a week
- Hourly pay of $15/hour
- Paid Federal Holidays. All fellows receive three additional days of discretionary PTO
- The Fellowship runs for a range of 4 to 6 months
- The Fellowship is fully remote
- Fellow managers will host monthly meetings to provide feedback and open dialogue
- Excellent work leads to the possibility of extending into a full-time position with us, or job search assistance in political consulting or similar areas
- We are offering fellowship start dates in late January or early February. The exact start dates are to be determined
We ask for cover letters that are specific to this position and explain why you believe you are well-suited for this work. To that end, the letter should emphasize how your skills and experiences align with the qualities listed above that we are looking for in this position. It should also introduce motivations to become involved in Democratic politics and campaigns. Generic/boilerplate cover letters are usually ignored by our hiring committee. Please use the cover letter as an asset to your application process to show your writing ability and your desire for our specific position.
Jones Mandel encourages all applicants to submit a resume and cover letter by December 15. JM will respond to applicants by email using Bamboo HR application portal and will evaluate applications on a rolling basis. Writing tests and interviews will be granted to selected applicants.
A Note to Women, Nonbinary & BIPOC Candidates: Studies have shown that women, nonbinary folks, and People of Color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every single one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organization and we are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job. That candidate may be one who comes from a background less traditional to our field of work, and that’s okay. We would strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of the qualifications described.
Thank you for your interest in Jones Mandel!
We are always looking for passionate and dedicated people to join our team. We encourage you to apply directly for an open role via our hiring portal, BambooHR. If you wish to apply for general consideration, you may submit your resume via the form below: